HP Officejet 3833 Scan Setup
Scan to a computer
To setup the scan feature to your computer, follow the below steps :
- Open the official HP site and install the Driver Software for your 123.hp.com/oj3833 Printer.
- After the software file is downloaded and follow the on screen instructions to connect your printer to some network and your computer.
- Ensure that you remember to select the software on HP site that includes HP Scan along with it.
- Place the printed side of the document or photo over the scanner glass.
- Click the scan button on your printer or your Printer Control Panel and wait for the scan job to be completed.
- Now, open the Scan folder on your computer to view the document that was scanned. The scanned document will be saved automatically.
- Then, open the HP Printer Assistant and click HP Scan, if your printer doesn’t have the scan button.
- You can save the scanned file, after you complete your scan.
Scan using Webscan
To use the feature of webscan to scan any document, follow the steps given below :
- Before you start off with enabling your printer with web scan, ensure that your printer is connected to a network.
- Open any supported website on your printer, and type the IP address of your printer.
- Click the Administrative settings on the settings tab of your Embedded web server.
- Then click the Webscan to enable this feature on your printer.
- Place any pages of the document with the printed side facing the scanner glass.
- Open the web browser and open the Embedded Web Server and type the IP address of your printer.
- Click the scan tab and click the Webscan. If you wish to change any of the scanning preferences, do it and once it is ready to scan, click Start Scan.
- After the document is scanned, you can save them on your computer. Once the scan job is completed, close the Embedded Web Server.
How to Scan in Windows
To scan on your Windows computer, follow the steps given below :
- Open the official HP site and select the HP driver software to be downloaded in such a way that it includes the HP scan feature.
- After the software file is downloaded, install it on your Windows computer and connect your printer to some network, mostly to the network your Windows computer is connected to.
- Place the pages of the document upon the scanner glass with the printed side facing the scanner glass.
- On the Printer Control panel on your 123.hp.com/setup 3833 printer, click the Scanner button.
- The scanned pages of the document will be automatically saved to the Scan folder on your computer. You can view your scanned pages of the document on the scan folder.
- If your printer does not have the scan button, then you can open the HP Printer Assistant and click the HP Scan.
How to Scan in MAC
To scan any document on your MAC computer, follow the steps given below :
- Visit 123.hp.com/oj3833 and download the HP driver software and HP Easy Scan that would support your MAC computer.
- To complete the whole installation of the HP Easy Scan, follow the onscreen instructions and connect your computer.
- Now place the document that has to be scanned over the scanner glass with the printed side facing the scanner glass.
- Now, click Scan button on your printer to scan the document and can view the scanned file on your MAC computer and can save it.
- You can even scan using the application on your MAC computer called the HP Easy Scan.
- Select your Printer name from the Scanner drop down list.
- Select the 123.hp.com/setup 3833 Scan job type from the Presets menu.
- Click Scan to complete the scan. You can also select the folder of your desired location to save your scanned document.
Scan a Document
To scan any document on your printer, follow the steps given below :
- Open the Official site of HP and select the HP Driver software that matches your HP Officejet 3833 printer along with the HP Scan feature.
- After the software is downloaded, install it on your computer by following the on screen instructions.
- When prompted, select the network connection type and connect your printer to a network.
- Now, load the pages of the document to be scanned onto the scanner glass.
- If the Scan button is present on your Printer, click it. If not, go to HP Printer Assistant and click HP scan.
- After the scanning of document is completed, open the Scan folder on your computer and view the scanned document.
- The document that is scanned on your 123.hp.com/setup oj3833 printer is automatically saved on your computer.
Scan a Photo
To scan a photo on your HP Officejet 3833 printer, follow the steps given below :
- Download the HP Scan and Capture application from the website and install it on your computer.
- To scan a photo, turn on your printer and make sure that all the connections secure and proper.
- Place the photo to be scanned over the Scanner glass or load it to the Automatic Document feeder if your printer has one.
- Open the HP Scan and Capture and click the settings from the Menu.
- Click the Select Device and select the name of your HP printer.
- Click the Photo Scan Options to change any scanning preferences and click back arrow and exit the setting display.
- From the Settings menu, Click Capture Photos.
- After the scan is completed, click the Save settings. The Save As window opens and save the scanned photo in your desired location.
HP Officejet 3833 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 3833 Scanner not found
To resolve the issue when the message Scanner not found displays, follow the steps given below :
- If there is a fault in network connection, then check whether the wireless indicator is on if it is a wireless connection. If it is wired connection, check if all the cables are connected on right port.
- Restart the printer to correct these issues. Close all the running applications on your computer and shutdown your computer.
- Turn on the printer and computer and open the Devices and Printers on your computer and check if the name of your printer is present or settings is enabled.
- Now, try to scan using the HP Printer Assistant and if the document is scanned, the issue is resolved.
- If not, check the network status on your printer. If the network is connected to a guest or host network, connect it to the network same as the printer.
- If the network signal is weak, move the router as close as possible to the printer.
- Uninstall the HP Driver software and try to install it again from the 123.hp.com/oj3833. If you can find your printer name while trying to scan, the issue is been resolved.
Scanners not supported in Windows and MAC
If the scanning feature of your HP Officejet 3833 printers, follow the steps given below to correct this issue :
- Try to restart your printer to make it adjust to the setups if anything is been changes recently.
- Shutdown your computer after you close all the running applications.
- If your printer is connected to your computer through an USB cable, try to connect your USB cable on a different USB port and try using another USB cable.
- Uninstall your HP Printer Driver software and restart your computer.
- Check your Devices and Printers on your computer and right click on your printer name and select Remove Device.
- Now, turn off your printer and disconnect all the connection with the computer.
- Now, go to the 123 hp setup oj3833 and select the driver software for your printer model which is with the HP Scan.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installation of the HP Driver Software for your printer.
- Open Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
- Type Net start stisvc command and press Enter. The Windows Image Acquisition service successfully starts and messages displays.
- Now, try to scan and if the scanner works, the issue is been resolved.